Friday 31 January 2014

Tag a friend

In this post I am going to be showing you a tag that I 
just recently made for a good friend.
I made the tag in 2 sessions, 
by that I mean that I made the background a while ago whilst 
testing out some techniques. 
So I already had the base ready to start working on.
I love making tags, 
for me they are all about small snippets 
of details and colours all in one compact space.
Hopefully working together to compliment eachother 
and not competing for individual attention.
I want my tags to take your eyes on a wee journey, 
discovering the different details 
and then looking at it from a distance. 
The layout of the tag is therefor important. 
BLAH BLAH BLAH!
I didn't take any process photos whilst making this tag because 
i... well i.... forgot :O...bummer! 
Anyway, here's the tag and some detailed shots from it.








Tag size: #8 (ca 15.5 cm x 8 cm)
I don't often use black tags but maybe I should because 
I love the way it makes the colours seem to pop!

I used leftover ribbon and paperscraps, the butterfly 
I punched out of an old book page that 
I had previously painted and sprayed with inks. 
White gesso and background stamps from Bo Bunny,
text stamps from Kaiser craft.
A good spraying of Biscotti Perfect pearls mist.
The sweet we pin is from Tim Holtz,
I'm not sure where I got that fabby 
YELLOW 
plastic flower, its just shouting out 
I'M YELLOW AND PROUD OF IT! 
Tihi.
The yellow splats of fabric paint from Panduro
I think help to tie it all together.
Last but by no means least is the yellow velvet material.
Its from a collection of fabric testers i seem to have accumulated from Ikea!
(my collection grows each time i'm there, naughty me, I must stop it,
but you never now when they will come to use!) 

All stuck together with mini staples,
panokit glue and glue dots.
Oh and I had some Vintage photo 
distress ink around the edges too :O)

Thats it for today.
I will hopefully be posting about a new tag tommorow already,
so watch this space....

Nina x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...